Here we are, the final day of thanks for the month of November. I think every day, in my normal life, I say a mental and emotional thank you for something… the way my honey laughs, the excited way the pups greet me every time I walk in a room, the smiles of my grandsons,Continue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Thirtieth”
29. I’m thankful for travel. I’m lucky enough to have been a few places. K and I love to experience a new place; the people, the smells, the tastes, the culture, a window into the way people live their lives. We love this. I’ve loved it since I was young and our family headed outContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – Day Twenty-Nine”
28. I’m thankful for film. I love going to the theater, buying the tickets, finding seats, lights go down, previews play, some guy sitting somewhere coughs, the sounds of people munching popcorn, music comes up, and then… action. Movies open us to worlds we don’t know, lives we haven’t lived, places we’ve never been, feelingsContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – Twenty-Eight”
27. I’m thankful for sunsets. I was just working on my photos over at Flickr and came across several lovely sunset photos. Nothing creates a sense of awe and peace and wonder quite like a good sunset. Nature made, they are wonderful things to behold.
26. I am thankful for beautiful architecture. I’m fascinated by building. Not the building I have done, which is none, or might do, which is also probably none, but by the amazing structures all around me. Capturing form, light, and harnessing the marriage between use and beauty, I am constantly in awe of form, everywhere.Continue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Twenty-Sixth”
25. I am thankful for poetry. e.e. cummings, pablo neruda, w.h. auden, william carlos williams, sylvia plath, h.d., charles bukowski, poe, whitman, longfellow, yeats, thoreau, tennyson, shakespeare, frost, dickinson and on and on. I’ve spent hours enjoying beautiful words written by amazing minds and hours trying to write my own words. These words have enrichedContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Twenty-Fifth”
24. I am thankful for lined jeans. It’s cold cold cold outside. Temps well below freezing and wind chill bringing it even further down. Lined jeans, down coats, and warm hats make all the difference. I was walking the dogs tonight in the cold and the wind was blowing hard. It was cold out andContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Twenty-Fourth”
23. I’m thankful for my grandparents. Bill and Martha were the best. They gave us all, and there are a lot of us, such a great sense of family and fun and strength and curiosity and acceptance and love. I’ve written about them here and here and here and so many other times on this blogContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – Twenty-Three”
22. I’m thankful for YouTube. I’m not someone who watches loads of silly videos and in fact I haven’t done that hardly at all. Mostly I watch, and listen to, music videos, live performances, and such. Once in a while I use it for movie clips or trailers as well, but mostly it’s all aboutContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – Twenty-Two”
21. I am thankful for the birds in our backyard. I’ve never really been a bird person. I like looking at them, am amazed by them, but haven’t ever really been into them. Until now. My honey loves birds. She loves animals of all kinds actually, but she really digs on the birds in ourContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Twenty-First”
19. I’m thankful for the kids. I never had my own children. Never really wanted to, until I met K. By then we were old enough that we decided having them wouldn’t work. Lucky for me K already had children. They were grown, but she had them. It meant, and means, that I get toContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Nineteenth”
17. I’m thankful for laughter. The way my honey laughs with her whole body, how my brother slaps his knee when it’s a real good one, the grandsons giddy sounds, my friends smiling eyes when they laugh, strangers passing by who are cracking up, my family’s sounds of laughter at a family function, and myContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Seventeenth”
16. I’m thankful for our furnace and air conditioning. It’s cold in Illinois in the winter. Cold. It’s also hot in the summer. Humid and hot. We live in a place of extremes and I’m so very grateful for the warmth and coziness of the heat on those cold winter mornings (like today) and forContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Sixteenth”
Halfway through. I can’t believe this little exercise is going so fast, let alone how the month of November seems to be speeding by. 15. I’m thankful for photography. It is a vehicle for the passionate drive I have to create and allows me to see the world in ways I didn’t, before I pickedContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Fifteenth”
14. I’m thankful for the water around me. Whether it’s clean drinking water, a warm shower, snow, a lake to kayak in, a pool to swim in, ice for my drink, a river to fish in, rain, or an ocean to be amazed at I am so grateful and thankful for all it’s lovely forms.Continue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Fourteenth”
12. I’m thankful for my friends, near and far, who are the best people I could hope to know. Each of you has brought such depth and joy and fun and meaning to my life. I’m blessed, honored, lucky, and humbled beyond measure by the quality of my friendships. I have so much love forContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – Day Twelve”
Here we are, a third of the way through, and I feel like I’m just getting started. This is good for the soul. This little affirmation every day of things to be thankful and grateful for. It’s sending positive energy out into the world. I feel that from others. I feel that for myself. 10.Continue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Tenth”
Day seven and these feelings of being thankful are still going strong. 7. I’m thankful for my brother, Kevin. We’ve been through so much together. No two people have the same experiences he and I share. But more than that, he’s a fantastic brother, and a gentle soul. He’s also famously the best hugger inContinue reading “Thankful Everyday – The Seventh”
November 6th. Day six of thankfulness. 6. I’m thankful for our new little cutie. He makes an awesome dance partner. He’s so mellow and loving, we can already tell. He smiles and laughs all the time. It’s music.
November fifth brings the fifth day of thanks. 5. I’m thankful for my little grandson who spent an hour today pretending with his Grandma Tam. He’s spectacular. There’s no better way to spend time than hanging out with that little man.